- Salvation Army staff and volunteers are providing assistance to evacuees and first responders in multiple communities in Canada and Greece.
- Six locations have been confirmed: Aquin, L’Azile, Duverger, Petite-Rivière, Saint-Louis-du-Sud and Vieux-Bourg-d’Aquin, with three more still under consideration.
- The Salvation Army in the USA is providing assistance to people affected by wildfires in northern California. A record-breaking summer heatwave has led to several large wildfires, with the most substantial – named the Dixie Fire – being the second-biggest ever recorded in the state.
- The Salvation Army in South Africa is working to address the resulting food shortages, especially among the country’s most vulnerable people.
- Although Salvation Army properties have also been inundated, teams across Belgium, Germany and the Netherlands are supporting first responders
- Salvation Village, a brand new ‘tiny house’ facility able to house 75 homeless individuals in Harbor City, near Los Angeles, has opened to clients.
- Food insecurity as a result of Myanmar’s current constitutional crisis is being addressed by The Salvation Army.
- The Salvation Army in Burkina Faso is working alongside the government to support families displaced following a terrorist attack in Solhan.
- Salvation Army hospitals in several areas are now admitting large numbers of patients with COVID symptoms, as demand in the national system exceeds capacity.
- The Salvation Armys Urban Aid Clinic in Maamobi, Accra, has been working to administer the countrys first COVID-19 vaccines.
The Salvation Army is an integral part of the Christian Church, although distinctive in government and practice. The Armys doctrine follows the mainstream of Christian belief and its articles of faith emphasise Gods saving purposes. Its objects are the advancement of the Christian religion ... of education, the relief of poverty, and other charitable objects beneficial to society or the community of mankind as a whole...
Most Salvation Army centres hold weekly worship services, usually on a Sunday. These meetings have a relaxed atmosphere and can include hymn singing, Bible readings, members of the congregation talking about their Christian experiences, and presentations by worship or drama groups. As well as services on a Sunday, there are often weekday and evening activities such as prayer groups, family events, lunch groups, youth clubs and meetings for seniors.
|General Brian Peddle||The Generals Call To Mission||Our Faith |
|International Leadership||International Emergency Services||International Social Justice Commission|
|Our Story ||Coronavirus||Called to be a Soldier|
|International Womens |
|International Development Services||Press and media contacts|