Main page as of 24 July 2009
|Type of business||Public company|
Type of site
|Founded||1996; 25 years ago|
|Key people||Ajit Balakrishnan, Chairman and CEO|
|Revenue||₹481 million (2019)|
|Net income||₹26 million (2019)|
|Employees||316 (Dec 2009)|
|Launched||February 8, 1997 (24 years ago)|
Rediff.com is an Indian news, information, entertainment and shopping web portal. It was founded in 1996. It is headquartered in Mumbai, with offices in Bangalore, New Delhi and New York City.
As of 2009 it had more than 300 employees. It is one of the earliest web portals and email providers in India. When its founder Ajit Balakrishnan launched Rediff on the NeT, the internet was barely five months old in the country, and had a total of about 18,000 users.
In 2001, Rediff.com was alleged to be in violation of the Securities Act of 1933 for filing a materially false prospectus in relation to an IPO of its American depositary shares. The case was resolved by settlement in 2009.
In 2007, Rediff iShare, a multimedia platform, was released. In 2010, Rediffmail NG was launched, an email service for mobile platforms. In 2012, Rediff launched its Android App for Rediff News.[better source needed]
- ^ Annual Report 18-19 Rediff (PDF). Rediff.com. Retrieved 16 October 2019.
- ^ Rediff.Com reports Q1 results: India revenue up 42%. The Financial Express. 2 July 2008. Retrieved 16 July 2010.
- ^ About Rediff.com. RediffOnTheNet.com. Archived from the original on 18 January 2000. Retrieved 25 June 2019.
- ^ Rediff Launches All New Blogs Platform in 9 Languages (Press release). Rediff.com India Ltd. 1 December 2009. Archived from the original on 13 January 2010. Retrieved 25 June 2019 – via Business Wire India.
- ^ Investor FAQs. Rediff.com. Archived from the original on 23 July 2010. Retrieved 16 July 2010.
- ^ For Rediff boss, early success meant ignoring sceptics, self-learning tools. Hindustan Times. 13 August 2020. Retrieved 23 July 2021.
- ^ India completes 20 years of commercial internet. India Digital Review. Retrieved 15 March 2014.
- ^ Anubhuti (2 October 2010). Rediff records 15 percent growth in registered user base. Media Newsline. Retrieved 12 December 2010.
- ^ Cauley Geller Bowman & Coates, LLP Announces Class Action Lawsuit Against Rediff.com India Ltd. Seeking Damages on Behalf of Purchasers of Rediff American Depository Shares – REDF. GlobeNewswire. 25 May 2001. Retrieved 17 July 2013.
- ^ Case Summary Rediff.com India Ltd. Securities Litigation. Stanford Law School. Retrieved 8 November 2018.
- ^ Pioneering publisher Gopal Raju passes away. India Abroad. 1 April 2008. Retrieved 4 May 2008.
- ^ Mehra, Priyanka (1 July 2007). Now share videos, music on Rediffs iShare. Mint. Retrieved 17 November 2014.
- ^ Mobile email service from Rediff.com. The Hindu. 2 October 2010. Archived from the original on 28 October 2010. Retrieved 25 June 2019.
- ^ Rediff News Android App. Rediff.com. Retrieved 14 September 2012 – via Google Play.
- ^ Rediff.com Informs Nasdaq Of Intent To Withdraw American Depository Shares From Listing And Registration. Rediff India Limited. PR Newswire. 27 April 2016. Retrieved 7 May 2019.
Find us at the office
Humble- Micallef street no. 52, 81559 Jakarta, Indonesia
Give us a ring
+27 450 860 545
Mon - Fri, 9:00-18:00