Prime Broker services to help you efficiently manage your business and serve clients
The IBKR Advantage
- A turnkey solution for Prime Brokers covering trading, clearing, reporting, and billing – with no long-term contract required.
- Access powerful trading technology and advanced trading tools to trade stocks, options, futures, currencies, bonds and funds on over 135 markets in 33 countries and 24 currencies.
- Pre-trade compliance, real-time market-risk management and monitoring provide a comprehensive measure of risk exposure.
- Lower your costs – no ticket charges, no minimums and no technology, software, platform, or reporting fees.
- Transparent, low commissions and financing rates and access to the IB SmartRoutingSM system, which provides $0.47 per 100 shares price improvement vs. the industry.1
- Free client relationship management tools to help you efficiently manage clients.
- Support for global regulatory reporting including FATCA, MiFID II, AML, GDPR and others.
- Market your services in the Investors’ Marketplace.
- Full white branding and custom website creation services.
Flexible Client Management
Our Broker Portal is a powerful client relationship management (CRM) system for brokers.
Integrated Client Management
- Manage the complete client acquisition and relationship lifecycle.
- Use Client Data Queries to generate reports to segment and analyze your client base.
- Quickly and easily consolidate financial information from any financial institution with PortfolioAnalyst, a fully featured portfolio management tool.
Use simplified workflows, logically grouped menus and user access rights to efficiently manage your relationships from any desktop or mobile device.
Reliable Client Onboarding Processes
IBKR offers multiple options for adding clients and migrating to our platform, including fully- and semielectronic account applications, a mass upload feature and support for customized client account applications using our application XML system.
Manage User Access Rights
Set up enhanced user access and account security by creating one or more Security Officers for the master account and designate up to 250 users by function or account.
Flexible Client Billing
Use our CRM to implement flexible fee structures, automate fee administration and provide dynamic fee management.
- Charge clients for services rendered based on a fee-per-trade unit for each asset class, exchange and currency. The trade unit is determined by the unit IBKR uses for its commissions charges and can be on a per share, per contract, or percent of trade value basis.
- Apply client fee schedules to individual accounts or store them in templates.
- Easily maintain different fee schedules for multiple client accounts.
- Automatically submit client fee invoices.
- Set maximum invoicing amounts or percentage caps.
- Meet your compliance obligations by notifying your clients of advisory fee details.
Interest Markups and Markdowns
- Mark down credit and short proceeds credit interest and mark up debit interest. Markups and markdowns are entered as percentages with 8 fields available for input.
- Charge markups to clients based on IBKR stock borrow rates, entered as a variable or fixed percentage of our borrow rate. You can enter both types of markups and our system will apply the markup rate that results in the larger total amount.
Caps and Limitations
- Client markups by introducing brokers are limited to 15 times IBKRs highest tiered rate plus external fees.
- For US stocks, the highest tiered rate would be USD 0.0035 per share. USD-denominated bonds are subject to a separate cap on markups. US option markups are limited to 10% of trade value.
- Limits are subject to change, and specific products may have an additional limit in place.
- No markups are applied if the client calls IBKR to close a trade.
Trading Technology to Help Introducing Brokers Succeed
Powerful, award-winning trading platforms and tools for managing client assets. Available on desktop, mobile, web and API.
100+ order types – from limit orders to complex algorithmic trading – help you execute any trading strategy.
Our proprietary API and FIX CTCI solutions let institutions create their own automated, rules-based trading system that takes advantage of our high-speed order routing and broad market depth.
Understand risk vs. returns with real-time market risk management and monitoring that provides a comprehensive measure of risk exposure across multiple asset classes around the world.
From trade date to settlement date, our Securities Financing solutions provide depth of availability, transparent rates, global reach and automated lending and borrowing tools.
Spot market opportunities, analyze results, manage your account and make informed decisions with our free advanced trading tools.
Our statements and reports cover real-time trade confirmations, margin details, transaction cost analysis, sophisticated portfolio analysis, tax optimization and more.
Our transparent, low commissions and financing rates, support for best price execution, and stock yield enhancement program help minimize costs to maximize your returns.
Low Trading Costs
IBKR offers the lowest commissions and access to stocks, options, futures, currencies, bonds and funds from a single integrated account. If an exchange provides a rebate, we pass some or all of the savings directly back to you.*
Lowest Financing Costs
We offer the lowest margin loan interest rates of any broker, according to the StockBrokers.com 2021 online broker review. Click below to calculate your own sample margin loan interest rate.
Earn Extra Income
Earn extra income on the fully-paid shares of stock held in your account. IBKR borrows your shares to lend to traders who want to short and are willing to pay interest to borrow the shares. Each day shares are on loan you are paid interest while retaining the ability to trade your loaned stock without restrictions.
*For more information, click here.
Lower investment costs will increase your overall return on investment, but lower costs do not guarantee that your investment will be profitable.
The Investors Marketplace lets individual traders and investors, institutions and third-party service providers meet and do business together.
Search for and do business with multiple advisors, brokers, and wealth managers. Access dozens of advisor portfolios, including Smart Beta portfolios, offered by Interactive Advisors. Accredited investors and qualified purchasers can search for, research and invest with hedge funds.
- Advertise your services at no cost and reach individual and institutional users worldwide.
- Locate third-party vendors offering API and FIX CTCI solutions.
- Find third-party, institutional-caliber research providers and access research directly through Trader Workstation (TWS).
Discover a World of Opportunities
Invest globally in stocks, options, futures, currencies, bonds and funds from a single integrated account. Fund your account in multiple currencies and trade assets denominated in multiple currencies. Access market data 24 hours a day and six days a week.
Local Time: Open Closed
Graphic is for illustrative purposes only and should not be relied upon for investment decisions.
Explore our Global Offering
Interactive Brokers strives to provide the best deal on bonds by passing through to our clients the highest of all bids and lowest of all offers we receive from the electronic venues we access. We do not widen spreads, apply hidden fees or markup quotes.
The Mutual Fund Marketplace offers an extensive availability of mutual funds from around the world. Use our Mutual Fund Search Tool to search funds from more than 400 fund families and filter funds by country, fund family, transaction fee or fund type.
The Shortable Instruments (SLB) Search tool is a fully electronic, self-service utility that lets clients search for availability of shortable securities from within Client Portal.
A Broker You Can Trust
When placing your money with a broker, you need to make sure your broker is secure and can endure through good and bad times. Our strong capital position, conservative balance sheet and automated risk controls are designed to protect IBKR and our clients from large trading losses.
Excess Regulatory Capital*
Daily Avg Revenue Trades*
*Interactive Brokers Group and its affiliates. For additional information view our Investors Relations - Earnings Release section by clicking here.
- Interactive Brokers earned top ratings from Barrons for the past eleven years. A 5.0 star rating, February 26, 2021, February 21, 2020. A 4.5 star rating February 22, 2019, March 26, 2018, March 20, 2017, March 23, 2016, March 21, 2015, March 17, 2014, March 11, 2013, March 14, 2012 and March 14, 2011 Barrons Best Online Brokers. Criteria included Trading Experience and Technology, Usability, Mobile, Range of Offerings, Research Amenities, Portfolio Analysis & Reports, Customer Service, Education and Security, and Costs. Supporting documentation for claims and statistical information will be provided upon request. Barrons is a registered trademark of Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
Introducing Broker Account Structure
Fully Disclosed Brokers provide their clients with customer service and marketing. Broker clients can electronically trade or the broker may input trades for the client.
Clients open accounts electronically.
Fully Disclosed Brokers can create multiple tier accounts by adding Registered Advisor, unregistered Friends and Family Advisor, Proprietary Trading Group Separate Trading Limit (STL) and Multiple Hedge Fund master accounts to their broker account structure. Each Advisor, Proprietary Trading STL and Multiple Hedge Fund master account holder can add client, sub and hedge fund accounts as required.
Brokers can trade for themselves in the Proprietary Account for Broker-Dealers.
All fees, commission and interest owed to the broker are first sent to the brokers Master account and then swept nightly to the Proprietary Account for Broker-Dealers.
Fully Disclosed Broker Account Structure
A master account linked to an individual or organization client accounts.
Open an Introducing Broker Account
Broker accounts at Interactive Brokers give global regulated brokerage companies the means to reduce their operational, brokerage and clearing costs while providing electronic market access worldwide with our professional white branded trading technology.
Accounts are accepted from citizens or residents of all countries except citizens or residents of those countries or regions that are on the sanction list of the US Office of Foreign Asset Controls or similar lists, or other countries determined to be higher risk. Click here for a list of available countries.
Please note that monthly activity and other minimum fees may apply.
For information on SIPC coverage on your account, visit www.sipc.org or call SIPC at
Interactive Brokers Group and its affiliates. For additional information view our Investors Relations - Earnings Release section by clicking here.
- Based on independent measurements, IHS Markit, a third-party provider of transaction analysis, has determined that Interactive Brokers US stock price executions were significantly better than the industrys during the first half of 2020. For more information, see ibkr.com/bestexecution.
Find us at the office
Humble- Micallef street no. 52, 81559 Jakarta, Indonesia
Give us a ring
+27 450 860 545
Mon - Fri, 9:00-18:00